Telephone Boxes

K6 - The Classic British Telephone Box "Jubilee Kiosk"

Sir Giles Gilbert Scott (also the designer of Battersea Power Station) was asked to commission a new Kiosk to mark the Jubilee of King George V.

The K6 or Jubilee Kiosk was introduced from 1936 until the 1960s.

 
1000893 
 25.09.05
Hampton Loade Station on the Severn Valley Railway, has this K6 on the side of the road down to the River Severn.



1001014

19.04.06
Berkley Square, London.
  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

1000666 

 24.09.05
Telephone Box at Bridgnorth Station on the Severn Valley Railway.

 

1000902 

1000969 

24.09.05
Telephone box on Arley Station on the Severn Valley Railway.

19.03.06
 Ewhurst Green,West Sussex.
(Bus enthusiasts note the Ex. LT GS in the background)

 

1000767

1000940 

22.02.05
Hyde Park Corner, near to Pizza on the Park. London.

 04.08.04
Sandown Station, IOW.

 

 

 

 1001395
Windsor, Berkshire.
15.05.07